Webshop Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise specified, the products on the TLAC website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom. TLAC makes no representation that any product referred to on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
All photographs used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not show the exact item.
Opening Hours & Shipping Times
2. Please note that we are open from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding national holidays.
We aim to process all postal and telephone orders, that meet Royal Mail dimension criteria, received before 12.00hrs on the same day (Monday to Friday), Postal orders that meet Royal Mail dimension criteria before 10.00hrs Wednesday will also be shipped the same day.
Any courier orders received before 12.00hrs (Monday to Friday) will be shipped the same day for Next Day Delivery. Courier orders received after 13.30hrs (Monday to Friday) will be shipped the next working day for Next Day Delivery (Friday shipments being for Monday delivery) An acknowledgement is only normally sent in cases where it is not possible to make an ex-stock delivery when requested by the buyer. No shipments Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays.
International orders are generally dispatched in 3 working days.
Loss or damage in transit
3. You must inform us within two working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
If on receipt of goods via a courier if there is any damage visible to the packing it must be signed damaged, and TLAC called by telephone immediately recoding such damage. Within 5 days TLAC should be notified by the purchaser in writing (letter or e mail) failure to do so could affect any damaged goods claim. “Unexamined” signatures do not relieve you of this liability and TLAC shall not be responsible for any claim or claims if you fail to comply with the provisions of this Clause
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
Shipping and Handling
4. Shipping & Handling charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges will be automatically calculated at the checkout page once Invoice/Delivery addresses have been entered. For a faster checkout, create an account where your Invoice/Delivery addresses will be saved for any future orders.
5. For orders within the UK, we use either Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class or a Next Day Delivery Courier Service. Please see the below information regarding which service will be automatically calculated for you.
0-250gram Royal Mail First Class Signed for Large Letter £4.00
250 – 750 gram Royal Mail First Class Signed for Large Letter £5.50
751 to 1kg DPD Express £6.45
1 to 10kg DPD Next Day £8.50
10 to 30kg DPD Next Day £8.5 plus £0.35 per kg
All liquids, glues and oils will be sent via Courier and can only be shipped within the UK.
All prices are +VAT
Higher weights please call office.
Surcharges may apply for Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands. If surcharges do apply, we will contact you directly.
Additional fees may be charged if specialist packing is required (eg Aluminium Sheet, Ply wood etc) or for odd shaped, large or fragile items.
We have three different options for international orders;
Royal Mail International Tracked Small Parcel 0-250g 450x350x160
Royal Mail International Tracked Small Parcel 251-1000g 450x350x160
World Wide Courier
Prices will vary dependant on your location. Proceed to Checkout to place your order and the shipping price will be requested once calculated.
6. UK – All Major credit and debit cards accepted (No Amex or Diners), Cheque and bank transfer facility available*
Rest of world – Bank transfer facility available*
* Bank transfer in GBP Sterling Only, Customer is responsible for all bank charges incurred from the transfer.
Cancellation and or variation of orders
7. Under the Home Shopping Distance Selling Regulations – Private purchasers have the right to cancel the order up to 7 days after receipt of items if the items have not been used. This does not apply to items on special order i.e. non stock or items precut to the Buyers specification.
8. Any back orders will be shipped as soon as possible; we are pleased to negotiate call off orders.
Special item orders can be placed with full payment on receipt of order unless otherwise negotiated between the Buyer and The Light Aircraft Company Ltd.
9. Value Added Tax
EU – VAT will be charged at a rate of 20% on all purchases including shipping and handling charges.
Rest of world – No VAT is chargeable.
10. TLAC offers the Buyer the benefit on 90 days warranty from the date of invoice for all new goods rendered.
The liability of the warranty is to the replacement of the Goods only after the Buyer has proven the purchase, payment and defect of the Goods. No warranty can or will apply to work completed by the Buyer or his agent with any Goods purchased from TLAC.
The costs of all and any shipping are the responsibility of the purchaser.
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure the goods are correct for their intended use purpose. Goods which are incorrectly ordered by the customer, may be returned to TLAC for a credit and placed on account for any future orders. A 25% restocking fee will be charged providing the goods are returned in the same condition in which they were sent. The costs of shipping returns are to be covered by the customer unless the goods are not fit for use (faulty).