The terms and conditions detailed below govern your use of the TLAC website, please read these terms in full before you use this website, if you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website and webshop confirms your acceptance of these terms.
1. It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website. However, particular areas of this website will only be accessible only if you have registered.
Use of website/webshop
2. This website may be used for your own private purposes and in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may not print and download material from this website without prior written consent from TLAC
3. All practical measures are taken by TLAC to ensure that this website is operational at all times. As TLAC has no direct control over the servers used to hold data or information on the site and due to the intrinsic nature of websites, TLAC shall have no liability whatsoever for any damages or losses arising directly or indirectly as a result of you being able to access the site. Whenever possible TLAC will try to give advance warning of maintenance/system updates that may result the website being unavailable, but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor/Third party content
When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
It must be noted that we will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of this
5. Within this website you will find links to third party websites, provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
Anybody or organization wishing to link to this website may do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
(c) the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
In linking to this website in breach of above clause you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
Disclaimer and Exclusion of Liability
6. Whilst TLAC make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate, we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
All information contained on this website is provided without warranty of any kind, by accessing the data and information on this website at your own discretion.
TLAC do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence which cannot be excluded or under the law of the United Kingdom.
These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by TLAC for their use by any person other than such holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
Webshop Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise specified, the products on the TLAC website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom. TLAC makes no representation that any product referred to on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
All photographs used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not show the exact item.
Opening Hours & Shipping Times
2. Please note that we are open from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding national holidays.
We aim to process all orders, that meet Royal Mail dimension criteria, received before 11.00hrs on the same day (Monday to Friday).
Any courier orders received before 11.00hrs (Monday to Friday) will be shipped the same day for Next Day Delivery. Courier orders received after 11.00hrs (Monday to Friday) will be shipped the next working day for Next Day Delivery (Friday shipments being for Monday delivery)
Loss or damage in transit
3. You must inform us within two working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
If on receipt of goods via a courier there is any damage visible to the packing it must be signed “damaged”, and TLAC notified in writing (letter or email) within 48 hours recording such damage. Failure to do so could affect any damaged goods claim. “Unexamined” signatures do not relieve you of this liability and TLAC shall not be responsible for any claim or claims if you fail to comply with the provisions of this clause
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
Shipping and Handling
4. Shipping & Handling charges are the responsibility of the buyer. These charges will be automatically calculated at the checkout page once Invoice/Delivery addresses have been entered. For a faster checkout, create an account where your Invoice/Delivery addresses will be saved for any future orders.
5. For orders within the UK, we use either Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class or a Next Day Delivery Courier Service. Please see the below information regarding which service will be automatically calculated for you.
0-250gram Royal Mail First Class Signed for Large Letter £4.70
250 – 750 gram Royal Mail First Class Signed for Large Letter £5.70
751 to 1kg DPD Express £7.95
1 to 5kg DPD Next Day £8.45
5 to 10kg DPD Next Day £9.15
10 to 30kg DPD Next Day £9.15 plus £0.35 per kg
All liquids, glues and oils will be sent via Courier and can only be shipped within the UK.
All prices are +VAT
Higher weights please call office.
Surcharges may apply for Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Offshore Islands. If surcharges do apply, we will contact you directly.
Additional fees may be charged if specialist packing is required (eg Aluminium Sheet, Ply wood etc) or for odd shaped, large or fragile items.
6. UK – All Major credit and debit cards (No Amex or Diners), Paypal and Stripe accepted.
Cancellation and or variation of orders
7. Under the Home Shopping Distance Selling Regulations – Private purchasers have the right to cancel the order up to 7 days after receipt of items if the items have not been used. This does not apply to items on special order i.e. non stock or items precut to the Buyers specification.
8. Any back orders will be shipped as soon as possible; we are pleased to negotiate call off orders.
Special item orders can be placed with full payment on receipt of order unless otherwise negotiated between the Buyer and The Light Aircraft Company Ltd.
9. Value Added Tax
UK – VAT will be charged at a rate of 20% on all purchases including shipping and handling charges.
10. TLAC offers the Buyer the benefit on 90 days warranty from the date of invoice for all new goods rendered.
The liability of the warranty is to the replacement of the Goods only after the Buyer has proven the purchase, payment and defect of the Goods. No warranty can or will apply to work completed by the Buyer or his agent with any Goods purchased from TLAC.
The costs of all and any shipping are the responsibility of the purchaser.
It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure the goods are correct for their intended use purpose. Goods which are incorrectly ordered by the customer, may be returned to TLAC for a credit and placed on account for any future orders. The costs of shipping returns are to be covered by the customer unless the goods are not fit for use (faulty).
TLAC Webshop is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TLAC Webshop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Please Note: We will NOT share your information with ANY third party
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We do not store credit card details
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data collection, analytics and profile creation
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information, we are retaining on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.